The concept behind the YouTube Partner Programme is simple. You just create and publish videos on your YouTube Channel, then do what is necessary to build and audience for them.
Becoming a YouTube Partner costs nothing and is totally optional. One of the biggest benefits to becoming a YouTube Partner is that Google handles the entire advertising placement, revenue collections and your payments. ONce you become a part of the programme, Google matches up you videos with adverisers, decides what ads will appear, and keeps track of all traffic (views), as well as ad responses. YouTube then pays you accrodingly for your participation in the Partner programme. There is no need for you to find, solicit or manage the adverisers. This becomes an automated process.
Once you become a YouTube Partner, you can only earn revenue from videos that contain all original content and adhere to YouTube’s Terms of Service and Community Guidelines. Videos that violate copyrights-for instance, if your video contains copyrighted music that you don’t own or visual cotent that doesn’t belong to you – don’t qualify for this programme.
Signing Up for the YouTube Partner Programme:
To add YouTube Partner functionality to you YouTube channel, access YouTube, and sign in using the same Google account information that you used to create your YouTube channel account. Then, follow these steps:
1. Near the upper-right corner of the screen, click on your username or profile picture.
2. When the YouTube menu appears, click on the YouTube ‘Setting’ option.
3. When the YouTube ‘Account Settings’ screen is displayed, click on the ‘Montization’ option. It can be found on the left side of the screen, under the ‘Channel Settings’ option.
4. From the ‘Monetization’ screen, click on the blue and white ‘Enable My Account’ button.
5. A pop-up window that displays the YouTybe ‘Monetization Agreement’ will be displayed. Near the bottom-left corner of this window, add a checkmark to the three checkboxes indicating that you agree to the terms of the agreement. Clicl on the ‘I Accept’ button to continue.
6. Another pop-window will appear. This one’s labeled ‘Monetize My Videos.’ It offers three options, each associated with a checkbox. These options include ‘Overlay In-Video Ads,’ ‘TrueView In-Stream Ads’ and ‘Videos Contain a Product Placement.’ Click on the ‘Monetize My Videos’ window to continue. Your YouTube channel is now set up, and you have been registered with the YouTube Partner Programme.